For most people, the moving industry comes with a stigma of being too expensive. While it’s true that moving services can stretch a budget, there are certain things that can be done to save money on your moving cost and make things easier on you and your family. We’ve come up with a list of 5 easy moving discounts that you should take advantage of. Let’s get started on the savings.
- Ask for Them: Trust us on this. Sometimes getting discounts on moving services is as simple as asking for them. There are many moving companies on the market. In order to beat out their competitors, companies come up with all kinds of discounts. This could include things such as military discounts, senior discounts and discounts for those who can present a student ID. Savings may also be associated with a certain time of year. For instance, some movers give discounts during Thanksgiving and after New Year’s Day. Make sure you ask these for discounts so you don’t leave any on the table.
- Download the Right Apps: We use apps for everything in our lives nowadays. Well, when the time comes for you to hire a moving company, make sure you do the same. With options like Groupon and LivingSocial app, you can find deals from moving companies all over the country. Be sure to shop around and search for the best deal before you commit.
- AAA and other Companies: Naturally, AAA is a company that’s associated with flat tires or cars breaking down and customers needing assistance. However, they are much more than that. In fact, AAA has deals with tons of hotels, grocery stores, airlines and even moving companies to facilitate discounts to customers for being a member. Nowadays, cross-marketing between industries is more prevalent than ever. Even if you don’t have AAA, your car insurance or place of employment may have discount deals with local moving companies that you can take advantage of.
- Be Kind: Sometimes getting the deal you want simply comes down to being kind and treating everyone with respect. Customer Service Agents have incredibly long days and deal with lots of rude customers. When you call a moving company, try to be as patient and understanding as possible. You’ll be surprised at what deals are presented just because you’re pleasant to someone. Keep up this same rapport with your actual movers on moving day and it could certainly pay off for you and your family.
- Play the Game: Remember that there’s power in shopping around. If you get offers from at least three moving companies, you can use it against them to get the one you want to lower their price. This may be difficult during the summer months when most reputable moving companies are busy. However, if you’re moving during the winter or a slower time of year, many companies will be willing to budge to beat out the competition and get your business. Make it known that you’re shopping around.