We can match you with the best mover for your needs!
Moving a bed mattress is one of the most awkward and sometimes very heavy items to transport during a move. Not only are mattresses heavy and bulky, but they are also do not balance well. Being a weird shape, size and weight, this can make moving mattresses hard to handle when moving. In addition, a mattress needs special maintenance when moving to guarantee that it doesn’t get stained or ruined. Follow these guidelines that will help you transport your mattress correctly!
- The first is obvious…remove all the sheets, pillows, etc. from the mattress
- Dissemble the bed frame – first remove the mattress and bed spring and set aside so you can disassemble the bed frame without the mattress getting in the way
- Now that everything is broken down as much as possible, it is now time to prepare the mattress for the move. First, wrap it in a canvas mattress bag or a mattress pad from your moving company or one you can purchase online. Next, use tape to attach the mattress pad to the mattress, but don’t tape anything directly to the mattress itself. Instead, wrap the tape around the mattress pad to secure it to the mattress
- When available, place the mattress into a mattress box for additional protection. If you hire a moving company, they should be able to provide one to you
- Now it is time to move the mattress which requires two people. Decide which way you are going to remove the mattress out of house. The best course of action is to lift the mattress up off the ground and flip it onto its side. Then, transport it cautiously, with one person holding onto each end
- It is important to not bend or fold the mattress as this will ruin the form of functionality of the mattress