We can match you with the best mover for your needs!
Planning: Before You Move
- Ask for recommendations from neighbors, friends, and relatives regarding the mover.
- Check with ProMover regarding the mover.
- Find out what the mover’s responsibilities are for damages that may occur to your belongings.
- Ask if the mover has a dispute settlement program.
- Obtain estimates from at least three movers, and compare cost and all other services to be provided by the mover.
- Check to determine whether the interstate mover is registered with FMCSA, and has a U.S. DOT number.
- Find out how and when pickup and delivery of your household goods will occur.
- Ask the mover how they can be contacted before the move, during the move, and after the move.
- Adequately insure your belongings.
- Be present to answer questions and give directions to the movers. Stay until they finish.
- Accompany the movers as they inventory your household goods and resolve any questions regarding the condition of materials being moved.
- Carefully read the information on the estimate, order for service, bill of lading, inventory, and all other completed documents before you sign them.
- Keep the bill of lading until your goods are delivered, the charges are paid, and any claims are settled.
- Before the moving van leaves, take one final look throughout the house to make certain nothing has been left behind.
- Give the driver directions to your new house.
- Inform the driver and the moving company of where you can be reached during the move.
- Be present to answer any questions and give directions.
- Pay the driver, according to the terms of your agreement, before your goods are unloaded.
- Supervise unloading and unpacking of your goods.
- Note on the inventory list all boxes or other items that are damaged or missing before you sign any documents.