According to Movinglabor.com, 40 million people move in and around the United States every year. Did you know that 80% of these moves occur between the months of April and September? This is known as peak moving season. However, if you’re about to schedule an upcoming move, there are several reasons why you should move during the off-season. Here’s our list of the 5 advantages of moving during the off-season.
- Better Prices: When you move during peak move-in season, there’s high demand for professional movers. In fact, many moving companies raise their moving cost during the summer months. As you prepare to relocate during the off-season, you’ll quickly realize, that prices are much lower than you anticipate. This is perfect for anyone moving on a budget. If you are overwhelmed at the thought of having to pay for an expensive move, moving the off-season definitely gives you a considerable advantage for you to pad your bank account.
- More Availability: While there are many moving companies for you to choose from, not all are created equally. For instance, a reputable moving company, will make sure that you’re taken care of from the start to finish during your moving process. So regardless of what type of move you’re embarking on, we will be able to help. Unfortunately, this can’t be said for every moving company that’s on the market. When you move during the off-season, you won’t have to fight to book the company that you really want. Since less people will be moving you will have the freedom to choose the company that best fits your needs and budget.
- Faster Delivery: Since there’s less traffic and congestion during the off-season, you can expect to receive your delivery of an expedited rate. Moving in season usually means that the highways are busy. This complicates things for several reasons. One, getting a moving truck can be difficult. Secondly, traffic jams mean increased delays. Thirdly, frustration is at an all-time high during busy moving season and drivers more stops to make and more jobs to juggle. Moving during the slower months allows you to get the undivided attention you deserve.
- Cheaper Storage Options: If you’re in need of a storage facility to store some of your belongings, moving during the off-season is definitely the way to go. Like moving companies, storage facilities are also cheaper during this time of year. During the summer securing a storage unit that’s air-conditioned, safe and clean can cost you a lot of money. We advise moving during the slower months to get the best possible deal at the facility that you really want.
- More Time for Summer: When you move during the summer, it’s not only difficult and more expensive, but it also takes away time from one of the best seasons of the year. Summer should be synonymous with barbecues, pool parties and visits to the beach. It should be the time of year where you travel and connect with family and friends. When you commit to moving during the summer, you take away the joy of the season. Do yourself a favor and move during the off-season so you can enjoy your summer.