With rent rises, housing shortages, and inflation on the rise, life is getting more and more expensive every day. Americans are looking for new and creative ways to affect their bottom line in positive ways and one of those ways to look at the benefits of renting a micro-apartment for your next home. Before you secure your professional long distance movers, take a look at our top five reasons to downsize on your next move!
Moving to a Micro-Apartment. Get a Moving Quote Today.
What Is A Micro-Apartment?
Before we can get into why a micro-apartment is perfect for your next move, let’s take a minute and define what one is so that you know what you’re getting into (literally). A micro-apartment is defined as a studio between 200-400 square feet that has a kitchen, bathroom, and general living space. Unlike pod living, part of the appeal of micro-apartments is that they don’t have any shared amenities and are functional as a stand-alone property.
- Location, Location, Location: While many younger buyers and renters are increasingly being priced out of the areas that they would most like to live and have the most profitable jobs, builders are beginning to add more micro-apartments to these desirable areas. A major benefit of a micro-apartment is that you can have access to the best areas the country has to offer, all while paying a rent that is more in line with your budget.
- The Price Is Right: The average micro-apartment renter can expect to pay 25-30% less than the median rent for their area. Although you are giving up more value per square foot, looking into a smaller housing option can save you serious cash if you’re looking to live in prime areas without sacrificing the private amenities that you would expect from your home. Micro-apartments are designed with an emphasis on style and functionality that will meet all your needs in the most affordable way possible. This can help you save as you look forward to hiring moving help as well since you’ll have less items to move.
- Tiny Is Trendy: Another great benefit of looking into a micro-apartment is that they are growing in popularity for young singles. Many locations, all over the country, boast of gyms, rooftop bars, and restaurants to make it the ideal move for a young professional looking to meet people and create a community, while still being in the heart of America’s best cities.
- Have The Present You Want Without Sacrificing Your Future: One of the great challenges for the young professional is choosing between moving to a place that is less expensive versus living in the heart of the action. Even if you can afford a one-bedroom or full studio, if you don’t need the extra space and you have an eye on the future, a micro-apartment can be the perfect way to live where you want and save so that you can still buy the home of your dreams later. With an emphasis on maximizing space, micro-apartments can give you the space you need while letting you plan for the future you want.
- Design Elements: When considering a move into a micro-apartment, keep in mind that the trendiness of them puts these units at the forefront of artistic excellence and space utilization. By playing with ceiling height, light colors and multipurpose furniture, you can enjoy the benefits of a smaller space without even noticing it. If you’re looking to move locally or across the country, make sure you look into the awesome micro-apartments that’s are springing up all over the country.