We can match you with the best mover for your needs!
Without careful planning, a moving endeavor can be tumultuous. A relocation is a sensitive project even with thoroughly arranged logistics, so don’t make the mistake of thinking that you just have to move your items from point A to point B. Safety is an imperative issue since many aspects, and even your life, can be in danger when you move.
The 4 P’s of conducting a safe moving endeavor are:
Follow these key elements to keep your loved ones, back and belongings safe:
- Wrap sharp utensils and tools to avoid injuries and damage.
- Pack sturdier items first in the box and layer more delicate possessions on top.
- Fragile dinnerware should be individually wrapped with plenty of cushioning inside of the box.
- Load heavy items first. Heavy boxes should be to the front of the truck. Lighter items can be stacked and placed towards the back.
- Pack heavy items in smaller boxes. Books, decorations and exercise equipment, for example, shouldn’t be placed into a large box because by the time it is filled, it will be extremely weighty.
- Don’t rush. Slow and steady wins on moving day.
- Pace yourself and remember you’re only human.
- The pressure may be high, but keep your cool. You don’t want to regret hurting anyone’s feelings.
- Leave children and pets with a friend or family member while packing.
- Keep an eye on your kids while you’re getting unpacked and settled in. It’s normal for children to act out while they process emotions and changes. Read more about helping your kids cope with moving
- Wear seat belts.
- Strap down anything that is loose or shifting.
- Wear sunscreen, non-slip athletic shoes and gloves.
- Have a lock box or safe for important documents and cash.
- Make sure to have a working and secure lock for the truck filled with your contents.
- Have a first aid kit handy.
- Do not bring propane tanks.
- Unload and encase firearms.
- Empty all gas-powered equipment.
- Be sure to keep an emergency stash of money.
- Have numbers and addresses of friends, family and realtors at hand.
- Plan, plan, plan. Have a Plan B, C, D. . . be ready for a worst case scenario such as weather, accidents, flat tires, burglars, etc.
We are happy to endow you with the tips you need to ensure a safe venture. Best of luck!